Форум Блог Новости Путеводитель   Реклaма

Другие страны ЮВА › Мьянма

Карма 110
Порядка 23 тыс.погибших и около 50 тыс.пропавших без вести. Страшные цифры. И вроде это еще не точно, т.е. больше. Искренне бирманцев жалко.
Карма 678
Водитель наш пишет, что обстановка улучшается понемногу.

Их дом немного порушило, но уже говорит починили.

Отвечает оперативно, следовательно и связь восстановлена, в столице по крайней мере.

Кстати, galagala, если надумаете брать машину - могу дать его контакты, он возможно и за меньшую цену повезет, ведь мимо агенства можно проскочить.

Хотя опять же - возможно без бумаг агенства через всякие КПП не проехать.

Микрик - 15 летняя Тойота, довольно раздолбанная на вид, но удобная по внутренней конструкции. Кондишна нет. Водитель он вроде ответственный - перед дальними переездами всегда заезжал на автосервисы проверяться. Английский вполне разборчивый.

Вообще мы видали на трассах джипы и микроавтобусы с туристами куда свежее на вид и с кондишнами, но какова разница в цене я сказать не могу.

И возможно в августе без кондиционера никак.

Хотя я думаю в августе там даже с кондиционером никак )
Карма 110
Ух ты, у вас есть связь с водителем!?. У него есть интернет? Курчаво живет по ихним меркам... Это хорошо, что обстановка улучшается. Очень хотелось бы, чтоб Горная Блондинка по возвращению написала об увиденном.
Карма 26
Izum
Кстати, galagala, если надумаете брать машину - могу дать его контакты, он возможно и за меньшую цену повезет, ведь мимо агенства можно проскочить.

Хотя опять же - возможно без бумаг агенства через всякие КПП не проехать.

А НАМ МОЖНО ЕГО КООРДИНАТЫ!!!

Мы сейчас в Банкоке, завтра в МЬЯНМУ! Пожалуйста!
Карма 678
Горная Блондинка
ы сейчас в Банкоке, завтра в МЬЯНМУ! Пожалуйста!

thaungtunmyanmar@googlemail.com

Зовут Toni. Напишите, что от Renat from Belarus.

Я вчера только с ним переписывался и сказал, что могут обратиться от меня.
Карма 243
У меня испанский знакомый сейчас как раз там, обстановка печальная...вот что пишет:(на англ.)

Hello! I am in Burma (aka Myanmar) and have been for the last three weeks. Thankfully, I was in the north when the cyclone came through on May 2 and am fine. I'm in Rangoon (aka Yangon) now and am writing on behalf of the Burmese people affected by the cyclone to ask for your help. Please take 10 minutes to read this. Believe me, it is worth your time.

In the little time I have been in Burma, I have been both appalled and inspired. Appalled by what I've learned of the military and junta government's oppression of the Burmese people. And amazed and inspired by how warm and welcoming the people are despite this treatment and how they've risen to the challenge of helping their fellow citizens while their government effectively will not. I could write pages about what I've learned from the people here (often spoken in hushed tones after they look over both shoulders) about the country's troubled history and tragic current situation. But I know you are all busy so I'll try to keep this short. Suffice it to say that the government's treatment of the people here is horrible, confusing and incredibly frustrating. I wouldn't believe half of it if I were not here.

As you know by now, over 60,000 people are presumed dead from the cyclone. And approximately 1.5 million affected, from a country with massive numbers already living in poverty (average income of all Burmese is under $3/day). For various reasons confounding the international community, the Burmese government has forbidden entry of international aid workers. Some say this is because they fear that it will appear that the government is incapable of caring for its own people (clearly the case), others say it is because of the fear they have of the message international workers will bring to the Burmese people, further eroding an already minimal support base (as if the Burmese people don't already know what's happening around the world or how bad they have it). Others say it is because the government doesn't want its upcoming referendum (essentially a forced vote to approve a constitution that will keep the military in power literally forever) disrupted. Others because the government wants to be the only face on the relief effort - one that's not working very well. It's probably a mix of these and many more. Some say it's because they just don't care; in the words of a man I spoke to this morning and echoed around the country, 'They've never cared for us in the past. Why would they now?'

Regardless of the reason, it's so strange and awful that it's hard for most people to wrap their brains around it. On a personal note, I don't know that I've ever felt so angry about something and so 100% justified in that anger (despite trying like heck to learn from the Buddhist principles I keep getting exposed to..). There's nothing good about what the government is doing here.

While the aid workers are not getting in, aid shipments are. Unfortunately, much of that aid is not making it to the affected areas. There are reports that the government is keeping some for themselves, selling some for profit (some back to people who are trying to deliver it to the people that need it), swapping some of the high quality international goods for low grade stuff (keeping or selling the high quality stuff) and shipping that out to victims etc. The list of reports goes on and on.

What does this all mean? That the huge international aid efforts that most people hear about back home, while obviously well intentioned, are not having the effect that everyone, donors included, want. Unicef, Oxfam, Red Cross etc - all are having many of their efforts stymied by the government.

Disgusted by all of this, the local people around Rangoon have stopped waiting for aid to come from the government or outside. And they are taking matters into their own hands. It's incredible. Groups of volunteers are forming around the city, raising money, buying supplies and driving them out to affected areas themselves. And are proving to be the most effective means for aid in the country. Yet these groups are not immune from the problems with the government. They, too, are encountering resistance in their efforts. Police at checkpoints routinely confiscate aid before it can make it to affected areas. Some demand bribes, others demand that the aid groups give the materials to the government so that they can distribute. A claim no one believes. There is absolutely no faith in the government. I met a group yesterday that told me they had to break rice down into small packages as the normal 50 lb. bags are too obvious in cars. When they shop for goods, they have to split up, buying small amounts of aid here and there (tarps, rice, rehydration salts, medicines) to avoid arousing suspicion from police and the military who often confiscate the materials. Most meet in secret to do the same. Can you believe it??? All sad and all true.

Despite these problems, the local groups are making amazing progress. They are learning how to operate, becoming more efficient, and are doing an incredible job. Those that began in the immediate area around Rangoon are now extending operations into the Delta area.

When I got to Yangon and started asking around about where I could help, I was told that Western faces out on shopping or supply runs would only draw attention to their efforts. We were told, therefore, that we were most valuable as fundraisers. These people have the plan and the ability to help those affected by the cyclone. But they don't have the money.

That is where we come in - you, me and everyone you know. I don't like hitting people up for money, but in my time on the road over the last 8 months, there's one thing I've learned. That those of us in the Western world are incredibly fortunate to live where we do, to have the opportunities that we have, to afford the lifestyles we lead, and to have the freedoms we all take for granted. I had no idea what life was like for most people in the world until I left the US. As my friend Jen told me a long time ago, despite the problems or lack we think we may have, 'we have more than 99.9% of the world'. I now understand what she means.
Карма 678
Водила наш сегодня пишет, что в Янгоне все более менее восстанавливается, а вот в дельте Ирривади начался голод.

Хунте как всегда по барабану - не пускают гумонитарку.
Карма 26
Мы 5ый день в Мьяне, перед этим 11-в Тайлнде, на островах. Если кратко--16го утром прилетели в Я НГОН.--после шторма похож на МОCКВУ начала 90-х---таже разруха и запустение .....Только у нас циклон перетройкой назывался....Особой паники не видно, эпNдемий и трупов на улицах--тоже, но дорога в порaженные районы перекрыта наглухо .В людях чувствуется растернность, но обреченности и страха--нет, тока нет тоже, но активно восстанвливают. Взяли такси из аэропорта10днй--600$ЯНГОН ИНЛЕ МАНДАЛАЙ ---мы тут ОДНИ, других белых не видели,даже на мандалайском холме, во время заката...Хотя уже 50км севернее ЯНГОНА шторм не заметен--стоят тростниковые хибары, люди живут обычной жизнью.

Сердце щемит... Очень знакомая атмосфера..... моего пеPестоечного детства. Тай совсем другой, а вот Мьянма...... эх, родная МЬЯНМА.

ПОДРОБНЕЕ С ФОТКАМИ ПО ПРИЛЕТУ! Всем удачи!
Карма 678
Удачи вам!

Горная Блондинка
Хотя уже 50км севернее ЯНГОНА шторм не заметен--стоят тростниковые хибары, люди живут обычной жизнью.

Ну так там и не было тайфуна то особо севернее Янгона.
Карма 541
интересно, как там счас с погодой фактически..
Горная Блондинка
Взяли такси из аэропорта10днй--600$

- что входит в цену - бензин, проживание водилы и его питание..??
Помощь сайту
Войди или зарeгиcтpируйся, чтобы писать
Случайные топики
Новое в Блоге